Survival Drag & Drop Plugin Request: Shulker Backpacks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheFantasticLoki, Apr 11, 2021.

?

Would you like this added to the server?

1. Hell Yea

100.0%
  2. eww no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheFantasticLoki

TheFantasticLoki New Member

What is your suggestion?
    To add the plugin Shulker Backpacks for easier use of shulkers at warps and in general.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    I use shulkers as a means of storage in my ender chest or bring shulkers in my inventory when mob farming at warps but you can't place shulkers down to use them at other peoples warps. I use shulkers as a means of keeping my inventory clean and organised and with the amount of drops you can get from even a very inefficient mob farm you have to make trips back and forth from home every 15 seconds. Having the ability to simply click the air with a shulker in your hand to open it is very nice and can be used as a reward for in game progress by getting shulkers and if you add it to the member rank it can be a nice incentive for players to vote for your server. I've used this plugin on all of my personal servers or mod counterparts for forge servers and it never conflicts with other plugins or mods except for some inventory sorting plugins but usually it's only old nockoff plugins.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    Same negative effects from vanilla minecraft such as if you have many shulkers full of LARGE books you can book ban yourself.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    Ender chests become more usable. Same for Player Vaults. Slimefun's Ender Chest Hotbar pet becomes a lot more valuable.

How can this suggestion be achieved on the server?
    Simply Download the plugin for the server version (1.13-1.16 Compatibility) from the following link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/shulker-backpacks-1-13-1-16.67466/
    Drag & Drop the plugin into the plugin folder. Go to permissions manager config and add shulkerpacks.use to the default or Member group. Save reload plugins folder and good to go.

2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

I am hesitant to add this because almost all the comments in the spigot thread are dupe issue reports, and looking at the source code it is done very hackily, which would explain why there were so many issues

3. TheFantasticLoki

Check comment dates. There have been loads of updates since. Also in all my servers we never had dupe issues aside from major dupes that affected all spigot or paper server owners. This includes my old anarchy server where new dupes were somewhat frequent.

4. TheFantasticLoki

The plugin is consistently updated with bug and dupe fixes as soon as they are found and if any problems arise it's not a core plugin so removing it quickly to fix an issue is quick and easy and won't break other plugins.

5. PhanaticD

oh well ill put it on, I predict dupes but survival is gonna reset anyway

6. waifukeef

waifukeef New Member

When will survival reset?

7. PhanaticD

when its ready to be, there will be announcements on discord

8. waifukeef

waifukeef New Member

Is the discord open to everyone? It's been a while since I played on here so I don't know all the new stuff that's going on.

9. PhanaticD

yep