Bending /duel on KA & Bending

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lubdan, Jan 13, 2020.

?

Agree?

1. Yes

90.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  1. Lubdan

Lubdan Member

What is your suggestion?
    As the title suggests, we should have a /duel command added to KA & Bending. This command would bring to you a cleanly formatted (aka no grief remaining from previous fights) simple arena and teleport both opponents in on opposite sides.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because having a 1v1 on ka or bending is rare due to others stumbling in, and even when it does happen without interruption, being near other players who are also bending tends to lower the fps for many people, and this would make running impossible in a planned fight.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    I guess you would have to spend a little time making the plugin, perhaps mainly on the part that would clean the arena out, depending on if you allow multiple duels at the same time, you would have to come up with a system for handling that and could be an annoyance depending on your mini-game spigot programming experience. Assuming you know how to make it happen, there is no real downside.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    1. Higher FPS for players doing 1v1s
    2. No More interruptions for players doing 1v1s
    3. No More people running away from 1v1s
    4. Assuming the arenas are simple, no more terrain based grievances in 1v1s.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    I discussed this primarily in the negative aspects section, if you can't find something & don't care to make this happen, I can make it & throw it on github if you want.

2. WeebCactus

WeebCactus Member

+1 agreed

3. Ivarr

Ivarr Active Member

+1 sure

4. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

+1
    Reading this thread made me think of something similar i want to happen, and i would appreciate inputs.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  5. BIGPayne

BIGPayne New Member

+1 always been a fan of this idea, people often complain about interruptions to their fights, perhaps a few arena options for different elements or a smaller version of KA.

6. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

But then i won't have an excuse as to why i only play between 3 and 6am now

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Shad7860

Shad7860 Active Member

My opinion on this varies based on what the duel arena would look like. If it looks good and is nice for fighting in, Im completely in favor of this. And I guess that part is within my control since I became a builder sooo, +1 from me

8. Lubdan

Lubdan Member

It would be great if doing /duel {name} would open up a GUI menu which allows you to pick from a few different arenas. One could be a water arena, one could be earth, one air, one fire, and maybe a dojo for chi. This way more than one duel can go on at the same time and there is a nice little variety to them, not a ton of work would be needed to make those few arenas honestly as they don't need to be that large and honestly earth/air/water should be very simple, while fire & chi could have some cool detailing depending on if/how the build team goes about it.

What I personally imagine for each arena:

Air: Large Air Temple (Kind of like the one at bending spawn, could be copied honestly), but with a large circular inside which you can't fall out of (barriers). It needs to be large enough to have a few airblasts in each direction, about the size of the circle in KA or so. Maybe some of the floating webs/clouds that exist in bending spawn for decorations.

Earth: Basically the KA circle. It's just a nice flat circle that works well for earth, but obviously the earth needs to be deeper and filled in unlike ka (issue not a lot of people know about), and it could have barriers around the circle and some pretty stuff outside it as well.

Water: Ocean with a square platform in the middle, square platform being about 1/2 of the size the KA circle. This is mostly to have ocean based fights for w v w.

Fire: Pretty Fire Temple (kind of like the one at bending spawn) with a large square in the center allowing for at least one jetblast across.

Elemental: Just a copy of KA with the entire thing, the biggest arena and allowing for a little more variety in playstyle.

Obviously these are just what I am imagining, and I'm not very creative arena-wise, but simple arenas make for fair fights, less nooks and crannies to hide in and such.

9. Shad7860

Shad7860 Active Member

They seem nice for when 2 of the same elements want to fight, if this goes through, and becomes a project, there will likely be a combi one as well, a place with a hint of everything so that people can fight the other elements as well.

Though I cant really speak for it that much, as it isnt a project as of now

10. Lubdan

Lubdan Member

That's what I intended for the "elemental" one at the end. But yeah It makes sense

• Like Like x 1