Bending Firejet/Fireski

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SoVeryViolin, Aug 10, 2020.

?

Should this change be made?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SoVeryViolin

SoVeryViolin Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we fix the firejet and fireski interaction that allows firebenders to fly/glide through the air indefinitely.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because with the current state of fire (The stalling for flamerush cooldown/running for health) is pretty bad. A typical fight with a firebender goes:

Flamerush, insert random irrelevant move here as filler, into jetblast + fireski to wait for the remaining cooldown on flamerush.

and to be frank it's pretty boring to play against. With flamerush's big hitbox and high damage there isn't really much counter play. I think fire SHOULD have high damage, which is why instead of nerfing the damage on flamerush I am suggesting to maybe combine the cooldowns for jet/jetcombos and ski as the constant running/stalling is just exasperating the issue.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that firebenders will have less mobility.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is fire as an element will be much more interesting to play against as opposed to just having to try and hit someone gliding around indefinitely.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by making fireski share a cooldown with firejet combos and firejet.

2. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

I've seen a few firebenders use that tactic, and it is annoying, but ski is useful in other ways. Tons of people use fall damage to kill firebenders. Ski helps the bender get away from those cheap tactics so that firejet's cooldown is gone and can save the bender if he is launched into the air once more.

Flamerush can be outmaneuvered or blocked. Earthbenders can raiseearth, earthmole, or eartharmor to survive that attacked. Airbenders can airblast away. Waterbenders can use surge. Chi can outmaneuver with their jumping moves. Firebenders, imo, have the least likely chance to avoid alot of damage, maybe they can use heatcontrol to lessen it or jetblast/blaze away.

sorry but -1