SkyGrid Donations

Discussion in 'SkyGrid' started by PhanaticD, Apr 7, 2013.

1. finley747

finley747 Active Member

People have already suggested this and it has been denied.

2. finley747

finley747 Active Member

If Phanatic added this wouldn't it mean that rich players could create huge islands and use worldguard to protect them, while all the people who couldn't aford it would be stuck with normal sponges and command blocks. In my opinion, skygrid is elietist enough without this.

3. XtrmePLaya

XtrmePLaya Active Member

Its a perk of those who can afford it. They can choose not to pay and play like members and guests, but they chose to give money. And yes they would be large islands but are they not already large? Command blocks cover 100 by 100 by 100 area and those are simple to get. Plus with all the sponges that are on some peoples islands (I have over 30 sponges which covers quite a large area.) That causes 30 different world guard regions to be created when those sponges are placed. If you have one large world guard region, plus a few smaller ones inside that region to allow public use, that would be much simpler then, 30 sponges. Now if you bring command blocks into play i could use only like 5 or 6 of these to cover everything at my warp. But that will mean no public things like the tree farm and stone generator, which is something that i like doing and people like.

4. finley747

finley747 Active Member

Yeah, only people who can afford it, skygrid donors have enough perks as it is. We don't need another one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. XtrmePLaya

XtrmePLaya Active Member

And there you miss the concept. These games are meant to have perks, Once you do all of it the perks get old. That is why they add new ones to keep it stimulating and fun to do. With this added, that would exactly happen. No worrying about sponges or anything.

And in a sense there are not to many perks.

Extra homes +1 per 10 dollars.
    A warp
    /materials, which most are easy to get anyways
    60+ donors get to change spawners.
    60+ get /superprotect
    100+ get /chest and double jump and no fall (which is great but the double jump is usually buggy.)

That is not really that many.

6. Red

Red Active Member

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and denied before.

I don't like how this starts to take away aspects of trade in the server economy.

People buying this perk/rank = Huge effortless claims = Less need for protection blocks = Lower demand and higher supply for protection blocks = Value of protection blocks go down due to a higher quanitity of item supply = Cmd blocks will be in higher supply and will be worth less = Unhappy donors who donated $40+ To help support Skygrid and gain the SuperProtect kit

Don't get me wrong, some suggestions can be 'Economy Enhancing' which is great. But ideas like this are not even a subtle perk, they're just dominative and taking away game aspects of both territory and trade.

I honestly don't like this idea for SkyGrid. It just makes it become, 'Pay and stop trying'.

*cough* *cough* I study economics

7. Santiago1508

Santiago1508 Guest

I've made my nether portal and I went to de nether an now I'm stack in other nether portal. Please help me:(

8. EPICBJC

EPICBJC Well-Known Member

Incorrect 80+ get /chest

9. THE_BERK

THE_BERK Active Member

Make a report in the reports thread http://phanaticmc.com/forums/reports.25/ and staff will help you at there soonest convince!

10. XtrmePLaya

XtrmePLaya Active Member

It was originally for 100 i believe xD

11. Slayer1977

Slayer1977 Member

Hi PhanaticD, Can you please review ticket 23300 and consider my suggestion?

12. EPICBJC

EPICBJC Well-Known Member

Not the place to post this Slayer xD

13. Slayer1977

Slayer1977 Member

Yes EPICPJC it is the place as it is to do with donations. I donated in May and due to certain things it has not been given. So I have made a suggestion on how I can use the money I donated.

Attached Files:

14. Zapcanon

Zapcanon Member